Spoonflower

I am having a splendid adventure on the website Spoonflower these days...  A few weeks back I entered their weekly design contest on the theme GEEK CHIC and presented this design.  I made it to the semi-finals (top 100) and after the voting round, I was in the top 8 finalists!!

mathematical tension, my original design for the competition
I have been creating new coordinating designs for the final round for a little over two weeks now.  I am pretty happy with my overall collection, considering I am rather new at this!  My background as a commercial artist is really coming in handy in terms of colouration and scale and overall composition.  Turns out I can manage pretty good with this digital stuff!!  These were all done using Photoshop CS6 and my Wacom tablet.  The voting round begins June 6th (this thursday!!)  

dots & numbers coordinating fabric, Fabric8 Geek Chic collection

problems to solve coordinating fabric, Fabric8 Geek Chic collection

know your angles coordinating fabric, Fabric8 Geek Chic collection

Here are some of the other designs I made:  Some of them will be available for purchase at Spoonflower once the contest is over:








The winner of this contest will score a licensing contract with Robert Kaufman fabrics, a 1000$ advance on royalties and a huge Wacom tablet.  NOT BAD ;)  Last year's winner Andie Hanna seems to be doing pretty well, her collection launched this spring and looks fantastic!

My fingers are crossed xxxxx