a midsummer night's dream

 Sometimes I find creating with no boundaries to be very difficult...  Which is why having weekly design challenges on Spoonflower is a great idea!  I am sure many designers find the direction and restrictions actually quite pleasing to work in.  Last week's Challenge was a design based on Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' (which I read in high school, btw!  ... well it was mandatory!) Not only was there a theme, but this week there was also a restricted palette imposed on all designs:


I was like...  Easy shmeezy!!  But as I started working on it, I found the colors to be difficult to proportion correctly.  Anyway, this is what I ended up with, using all the four colors, plus white:


Midsummer flowers by MAJA Studio

Overall pretty satisfied, and I was pleasantly surprised by how many people took the time to comment and favorite my piece!!  What a great community Spoonflower is!  The other entries are quite impressive...  I think voting ends tomorrow, and the next round theme is CITRUS.  I'll post soon about how my citrus design adventure has ended  :o  Turns out citrus was a fun starting point, but ended up totally elsewhere!