sparkbox residency, day one

bad paper-stretching no.1
bad paper stretching no.2!!

The residency studio where I'll be working


So this is it, I arrived yesterday afternoon in Picton Ontario for my residency at Spark Box Studio! I'll try and post my progress and the stuff I'm working on often. So far my first project has failed miserably!!!! boohoo! hopefully I can restart and get it right this time...


project: to stretch watercolour paper on canvas stretchers. seems easy, and I've done it before, but not on such a large scale. I was trying for 30"x36" and the strectching of the paper warped my stretcher and the corners look pretty crappy... I'll have to do them again. I think maybe I'll stretch the paper over masonite so it's not stapled in place but just folded. I CAN DO IT! (that one's for Charlene)